Monday, May 17, 2010

A showcase of good tastes

Well, anyone can claim that they can cook; I go a few steps beyond, transforming existing products into something that is so much more.


First example, is my homemade subs. slow poached onions, mushrooms, three kinds of meat and good proper cheese. Why would I want to eat the takeout stuff?


Ah, one of my favorites: goat cheese, matured in wine for three months. Great stuff.


Chili roasted turkey: this is turkey the way it should be. Eat as is, or pull the meat off to add to a dish.


Frittata, the Spanish breakfast of champions. Seriously a great way to start your day, especially if its Sunday.


Another easy dish, mussels. A kilo pack, when coupled with a baguette and the delicious, flavorful soup makes a full meal unto itself. I would add nothing more than a light crispy green salad.



And finally, last night's dinner: roasted bone marrow. The bit of sauce you can peek behind the bones is my personal touch to an easy dish, a delicious condiment that I will certainly make again: sauted onions, with a good amount of butter, salt, black pepper and mustard powder, which is then roasted with the bones in a good amount of good beer. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment