Friday, February 19, 2010

Baby steps

Some things require big leaps. Sometimes, the biggest leap is to take the first step. For instance, I have been making music for a while; I had originally thought about building my own label, but I ended up releasing through a micro label instead. While it may seem like a step back, it was a step forward: I did get to release music, and thus accomplish something. Whatever happened to the label is irrelevant; I went and got published.

Following the folding of that label, I have returned to my original plan, self-publishing. When you get right down to it, its a pretty daunting task, as I am now pretty much solely responsible for my output's existence, and will be obligated to actually work actively and whore myself a little bit if I want anyone to notice the output. And I'll have to dedicate some time to actually have an output at all.

Its really hard to get a label to work if you have nothing to release.

So, after dicking around and wasting time, I took the baby step towards getting that plan underway; I have gotten around to getting the domain registered. I think that the scariest part of it is the finality of the act, as the name now is settled. Was it my original name? Hell no, but since I got the idea of doing this over 10 years ago, other people have picked up and acted, while I did nothing. Well, okay, I was broke a lot of that time... and not that net savvy, but eventually, I got around to it, and now, its done.

Sigh of relief.

And now, the big game starts. I'll have to figure out what the site will be like, what content to put in and so forth. It seems like a pretty tall order, but the game's afoot.

And its not like I dont currently have plenty of time to deal with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment